https://www.stenasessan.com/ is referred to as our “Website”.
Our Website and other communication interfaces (e-mail, telephone, mail and paper forms) are referred to below as our “Services”.
3. What categories of your personal data do we process, for what purposes and what is the legal basis for such processing activities?
Stena Sessan AB processes your personal data for the purposes set forth below. For each purpose Stena Sessan AB must have a legal basis. A legal basis could e.g. be (i) your consent to the relevant processing activity, (ii) that the processing is necessary in order for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or (iii) that Stena Sessan AB or a third party has a legitimate interest to process the personal data which is not overridden by your interest of not having the personal data processed. Under each purpose listed below, the legal basis that Stena Sessan AB relies on will be identified.
(a) Improving our Services
When you access our website, i.e. if you do not otherwise submit information, Stena Sessan AB will collect general information automatically. This information (server log files) consists of:
- Browser information
- Operating system
- Domain name of your internet service provider
This information is used for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a connection to the website without any problems
- Ensuring a smooth use of our website
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- Optimizing our website
We do not use your data to draw conclusions about your person. Information of this kind may be provided by us anonymously statistically evaluated in order to optimize our website and the technology behind it.
The processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website.
(b) Providing our Services
Stena Sessan AB uses name and contact details to communicate with you when you use our Services and contact us. This processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interests.
4. From where do we obtain your personal data?
Stena Sessan AB collects your personal data directly from you when you visit our Website, use our services or contact us.
5. With whom do we share your personal data?
In order to fulfil the purposes listed above, Stena Sessan AB will share your personal data with the following recipients.
(a) Other companies within the Stena AB Group
(b) Third parties who provide elements of service for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct
6. Do we transfer your personal data outside the EU/EEA area?
Normally, we only process personal data within the EU/EES. However, your personal data and technical information may in some situations be transferred to non-EU/EES recipients who have an adequate level of protection of personal data. Exceptionally, after having taken special security measures, personal data may also be transferred to non-EU/EES recipients who lack adequate level of protection of personal data.
7. For how long do we store your personal data?
|Purpose||Type of personal data||Storage period|
|Improve our Services||Site information based on your browser information||For 26 months after you have used our Services.|
|Provide our Services||Name and contact details||For as long as your personal data is reasonably required in order for Stena Sessan AB to handle the request and/or to defend and/or establish legal claims (this will generally be the length of the relevant legal limitation period).|
8. What rights do you have?
Below is a summary of the rights you have under European data protection legislation. The exercise of these rights is free of charge and you may exercise the rights by sending an email or mail to the contacts listed at the end of this document.
Note that Stena Sessan AB will always assess a request to exercise a right to determine whether the request is valid. All rights listed below are not absolute and exceptions may apply.
In addition to the rights set forth below, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding Stena Sessan AB’s processing of your personal data.
(a) Right of access. You are upon request entitled to receive a copy of your personal data that Stena Sessan AB processes and also to obtain supplementary information about Stena Sessan AB’s processing of your personal data.
(b) Right to rectification. You have the right to have your personal data corrected and/or completed if it is inaccurate and/or incomplete.
(c) Right to erasure. You have the right to request that Stena Sessan AB erases your personal data without undue delay in the following circumstances:
- the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw your consent to a processing activity and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- you make a valid objection to the processing of your personal data;
- the personal data has been unlawfully processed; or
- the personal data has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation.
(d) Right to restrict processing. You have the right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data in the following circumstances:
- the accuracy of the personal data is under examination;
- the processing is unlawful or is no longer needed for the purposes of the processing, but you oppose the erasure of personal data and request restriction instead;
- Stena Sessan AB no longer needs the personal data, but you need the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing of your personal data and such objection is under verification.
(e) Right to data portability. Under certain circumstances you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Stena Sessan AB in order to transmit these to another service provider if the processing of the personal data is based on your consent or the performance of a contract.
(f) General right to object. You have the general right to, at any time, object to the processing of your personal data that is based on Stena Sessan AB’s legitimate interests. If you object we have to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or that we need the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
9. How can you contact us?
You can contact us by using the contact information and possibilities on the website or through the following communication channels:
Address:Stena Sessan, Drottninggatan 35, floor 5, 111 51 Stockholm
This information was updated 13 May 2022 and the latest version will always be available on this site. The content of the information may be adjusted as laws and regulations change.