19.9%

Holding

2017

Investment year

Scandic Hotels

Scandic Hotels is the largest Nordic hotel operator, with a network of about 280 hotels with 57,000 rooms in six countries. Its mission is to “create great hotel experiences for the many people.”

Approximately 70 percent of revenue comes from business travel and conferences, and the remaining 30 percent from leisure travel. The business has a high rate of returning guests, and Scandic Friends is the largest loyalty program in the Nordic hotel sector.

Since its foundation in 1963, Scandic Hotels has been a pioneer in the hotel sector. Scandic Hotels was one of the first hotel chains to work with sustainability issues. For example, the “hang up your towel” policy was originally a Scandic Hotels idea, and is now standard all over the world. The majority of Scandic’s hotels are certified to meet the new Nordic Ecolabel requirements.

The company is listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange Mid Cap list.

Head office: Stockholm
CEO: Jens Mathiesen
Chair of the Board: Per Braathen
Sales: 18,945 MSEK
Employees: 11,700
Stena Sessan’s holding: 19.9 %
Investment year: 2017
Responsible for investment: Kristina Patek
Website : www.scandichotels.se

  Percent
Sweden 33.2
Norway 28.2
Finland 24
Other Europe 14.6